What is Envirothon?
The Vermont Envirothon mission is to connect students to the natural resources of their community. We introduce students to the local and state contacts and organizations who manage, monitor, and mentor natural and human resources. Envirothon has a focus on aquatics, forestry, soils, and wildlife with an annual topical issue that ties all of the study issues together. This year, the current issue is “Water Resources Management: Local Control and Local Solutions” Envirothon’s five areas contain a variety of activities and topics which address the Next Generation Science Standards.
Envirothon teams receive an information-filled resource guide and trainings with resource professionals. This year’s specific events include a training day on April 1, 2020 at Marsh Billings Rockefeller NHP & Billings Farm and Museum in Woodstock and the Vermont Envirothon competition on May 19, 2020 at Shelburne Farms in Shelburne. The team that scores highest in all areas at the competition represents the state at NCF-Envirothon, the North American competition. This event will be held this year at the University of Nebraska in Lincoln, July 26-August 1, 2020.
We encourage registration as early as possible to provide students with enough time to become familiar with the topics. Looking for more information? Contact Stacey via the link below. Information about the North American Envirothon can be found at www.envirothon.org. We hope you will be able to join us this year in this worthwhile program!
Envirothon 2020 Brochure
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2019 VERMONT ENVIROTHON WINNER, BELLOWS FALLS UNION HIGH SCHOOL!
Full 2019 VT Envirothon results:
- First Place Overall: Bellows Falls Union High School
- Second Place Overall: Stafford Forestry Team #2
- Third Place Overall: Randolph Technical Career Center Team #2
- Aquatics: Bellows Falls Union High School
- Forestry: Bellows Falls Union High School
- Soils: Bellows Falls Union High School
- Wildlife: Missisquoi Valley Union High School
- Current Issue: Stafford Forestry Team #2
- Virginia Collins Team Spirit Award: South Burlington High School Team #1
Thank you to all students, teachers, volunteers and participants in this years Envirothon for making it a success!